Thursday, December 17, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting


Awhile ago, Scott and I agreed to babysit one of my co-workers 3-month old boy Colin. Both Scott and I were really excited about this adventure but a little uncertain of what we might be getting ourselves into. Last Saturday night was the big date and let me tell you, it was totally not what we expected it to be! I was thinking the a 3-month old would surely be crying when the parents left (even though I know babies don't get separation anxiety until about 9 months) and be totally upset the entire time we babysat BUT it turned out to be just the opposite. Colin was a little cranky when we got there but as the parents were leaving we sat down with him to feed him dinner and no more than 5 minutes had past and he was sound asleep! He slept for 3 hours straight!!!! Scott and I basically took turns holding the little dude while we watched Christmas movies. When he woke up he just sorta looked at us like, "hello strange people, I would like my diaper changed and maybe something to drink!" We did just that and played with him on the floor for a little while and we even got him to smile at us. Colin is certainly a mellow baby and we appreciated it as we were first timers but something tells me our kids won't be that relaxed! Again for our visual readers, here is a pic of Scott and the little tyke!



No comments:

Post a Comment