Sunday, November 8, 2009

Back scratches, arm itching, & shoes left on I-5

Over the past year of being married, there is a phenomenon that happens in Friedrich household that involves scratching. You see, Scott grew up on a household that used back scratching as a means to show love and affection; and if you know Scott, you know that God blessed him with a built in Sweater or to the common folk, back hair. As a person who does not possess a built in sweater I have no idea what this feels like but Scott tells me often "it's itchy." Being the good wife I am, I don't mind giving the occasional back scratch when we are relaxing but as our marriage has progressed in months, the back scratching has also increased. It has come to the point that now whenever my hands grace his back, I find him suddenly ripping off his shift and hunched over in what he considers the optimal back scratching position; which slightly resembles the hunchback of Notre Dame for those of you who are visual readers. I don't remember much in our vows that included "endless back scratching"???? Anywho, along that same topic, Scott also likes his forearms itched.....which, when I found this out, I was puzzled because I have never come across another individual who liked their forearms scratched??? Scott, without thinking, will put one forearm across my lap while we are watching T.V. at night and I without skipping a beat will appease him a little, but the one thing I have learned is arm itching leads to 15 min back scratches. I'm suddenly realizing what a strange blog topic this is so, moving on.........

Yesterday, Scott and I were driving and we noticed what an exceptional large volume of shoes are left on I-5. What is the deal with this? Scott and I were perplexed at why there were so many shoes left on the median of the road....I for one would defiantly stop and pick up my shoe if one were to inadvertently fly out of our car!!! And for the matter, what are shoes doing flying out of cars? Scott and I had a riveting conversation about this, and he came up with a good scenario to answer our question: small children were kicking the back of there fathers seats while they were driving along on the freeway, so the father got mad pulled their shoe off and threw it out the window; but then the Father was mad at himself for not controlling his rage so, he threw one of his own shoes out the window. Makes sense to me I guess......mystery solved.....case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment