Sunday, November 15, 2009

Burger Tasting


Unless you have been living under a rock for the past year, you know exactly what state the Economy is in. In an effort to be more thrifty (since we are trying to save our pennies for a house), Scott and I have been trying to make date night a little more checkbook friendly. I can't say that we are all together better at spending less but we have become really creative. We decided that since we both have an affinity for GREAT burgers, that we will slowly eat our way through the Seattle Magazine's top ten burgers list for Seattle. On Friday night we commenced our quest by going to Jak's grill over in the Laurelhurst neighborhood. The place was packed and the hostess said it would be a 45 min wait so we headed to the bar. We missed happy hour by about 15 minutes (burger and fries for $5) but we settled up to the bar and ordered a round of beer. The restaurant is known for their great steaks but we came just for the burger and the bartender set us up with the most picturesque burger I've seen. See picture above! Scott and I both discussed how we were going to take on the burger and we both opted for different strategies; I being lady-like cut my burger in half and took it one half at a time and Scott being manly took a large bite right out of the center and continued to keep the burger together until it was all gone. I have to say, my burger eating skills need improvement if we are going to continue this mission as I had burger everywhere and Scott was clean as whistle. I was slightly embarrassed by the burger soaked napkin I left for the waiter to clean up but the meal was delicious. We both agreed it was an amazing burger and it is pretty high on our list but its only our first stop on the burger train so stay tuned.

We have gotten some feed back about the arm itching post from last week and we both are shocked to find more people in the world that relish in arm itching. Scott was able to talk in public about his affection for arm itching for the first time! For those of you out there, maybe you could start a club, and at your meetings you could all sit in a circle and scratch each others arms!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! After you complete your "research," I would put together a blog summarizing your rankings. In fact, you could maybe even publish a book! People love that kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete